We are developing a journal specifically for FANS Japan. The title and other details are still in development, but, for consistency, we will have the same Style Guide as for The Phoenix Papers with the following additions.
- All abstracts must be bilingual, Japanese and English. The author must provide both versions.
- Articles may be in Japanese or English or both. In the last case, the author must provide both versions.
- For formatting and referencing, only the most current edition of the Chicago Manual of Style will be accepted.
- Articles on any topic within the Fandom and Neomedia Studies mandate, as it applies specifically to Japan, will be considered.
- Reviews must be of items published, broadcast, or otherwise disseminated within the last three years of the review submission date. Some exceptions may be made for new examinations of classics.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.